Best Yoga Clothes
Wearing the right yoga clothing can really add to your practice. When clothes are too tight, movement can be limited, when shirts or pants are sliding off and you have to adjust them all the time, it can be really distracting. When looking for yoga clothes, consider the comfort, breathability, and durability.
Here are the top 10 best yoga clothes that are popular and recommended by yoga teachers.
This brand is one of the most famous on the list. It was founded by Chip Wilson during 1998 in Vancouver, Canada. When he finished his first yoga session, he developed an idea why there is only cotton clothing available for these kinds of workout, and this idea birthed to Lululemon. By using athletic fabrics, he was able to create yoga pieces for his brand.
- This brand was born within the yoga community which makes them experts and has an advantage and a better understanding of what the yoga community wants and needs.
- The workout clothes are perfect for sweaty workouts.
- Looks great and will stay on while working out.
- The variety of chic and stylish clothes offers a lot of choices; they also offer money-back guarantees.
- The clothes are very well made and comfortable – even during sweaty workouts.
- Needs to improve the size range they offer to their customers, especially plus-sizes.
- One of the most expensive brands available in the market – not everyone will be able to afford it.
- The design and styles of the clothes are made for the younger generation.
2. ALO Yoga
ALO Yoga was founded in 2007, in Los Angeles California. Its founders wanted to bring yoga to the world and for everyone to experience the goodness it brings. The brand’s goal is to let their customers experience the powerful and transforming effect of yoga. They create yoga pieces to help both the beginner and expert yogis improve and elevate their yoga practice.
- Fashionable, contemporary, and stylish designs, offers comfort even during sweaty workouts.
- The clothes are made from high-quality products and are extremely durable and last long even after many uses.
- Various styles can be used for other workouts and other activities and not just for the yoga mats, such as Pilates or even weight sessions in the gym.
- The brand is also known for using recycled materials.
- The styles they offer are perfect for those who are looking for chic and urban designs.
- Steep price range.
- Sweat shows after extreme workouts.
Alala is a company based in New York City. It was launched in February 2014 by Denise Lee, a former executive who was busy training for her first ever triathlon experience. During this time, she was on a lookout for stylish workout clothing, something that works well but also makes her feel well.
- This brand looks great for working out and it is versatile as it can be used when you are out running for errands, grab a coffee or when meeting your friends for a brunch meeting.
- It is perfect if you prefer your own unique style to be reflected in your workout gear.
- It is also comfortable and durable. It is the perfect brand for strong and confident women who love fun and stylish clothing options.
- The brand offers different sizes that range from XS to XL.
- The white colored yoga wear tends to be thinner and prone to opacity problems.
4. Hard Tail
Hard Tail is a company based in Los Angeles, California and was launched in 1992 by Dick and Patty Cantrell. This brand is consisting of active-wear with classic designs for strong female athletes. The brand’s philosophy centers in the family’s 3 daughters that help motivate young women to disregard stereotypes and barriers that prevent them from achieving their dreams.
- The brand’s clothing is well made and offers a great fit.
- Since the company comes from a fitness background, they understand the needs of the customers.
- They know how to cut the yoga clothing properly in order to provide the customers a perfect fit.
- The brand can be worn on different occasions because of its versatile style.
- The price can be on the expensive and overpriced side.
- Since the company spends a lot of money with advertisements for their brand as a premium and high-end yoga apparel.
Gaiam is founded in 1988 by Jirka Risavyin in Boulder, Colorado. The company was named after Gaia, ‘Mother Earth” and combined with the words “I Am” which reflects the brand’s philosophy of “I am Earth”, and it means they are after the beauty and the connection of all things. The company believes in taking care of and respecting the Earth and everyone, and everything that lives here.
- The brand offers comfortable clothing styles that are neutral.
- They also offer organic styles and many more options that give a customer many choices when buying from them.
- The clothing has a great fit and is well made. It also washes and wears excellent and sturdy as well, able to withstand numerous washes.
- The waistline fits well and very durable when used during extreme workouts.
- The material used for the clothing dries quickly, made from 87% Polyester and 13% Spandex.
- Sizes that range from XS-3X.
- Most of the clothing products are available only in their online store, there are only a few stores that resell them.
- It will be a bit hard and tricky if most of the sizes you ordered don’t fit, however, the company offers 100% satisfaction guarantee on product return and exchange.
Athleta is now owned by Gap. It was founded in 1998 by Scott Kerslake. The company targets women who are between 25 and 55 years old. It was bought by Gap in 2008. It now caters to girls who are into fitness and who loves irresistible details. This brand offers a style that epitomizes sustainability. It is known for using recycled and organic fabrics and considered as one of the most eco-friendly yoga wear and they also known for pioneering DryDye technology, this method saves approximately 4.5 gallons of water for each clothing or garment they produce. The brand’s Recycled Featherweight Stretch Fabrics are quick dry and it doesn’t require dryer which saves money and lowers energy consumption.
- Offers stylish clothing and has a good fit when worn.
- This brand offers high-end yoga wear; it is comfortable, convenient, and stylish and offers a perfect fit for yoga classes.
- They own different stores that make it easily accessible for customers to find.
- The clothing styles are versatile and can be used wherever you go.
- Expensive and can be overpriced compared to other better and more original yoga wear brands on the market.
PrAna is founded in 1992, in a garage in Carlsbad, California by Beaver and Pam Theodosakis. They made their stylish and sustainable yoga wear by sewing their first pieces. The company began as an outdoor and hiking gear company but later began creating yoga wear for their customers that values a healthy lifestyle and practices yoga frequently. This company is known for using organic, natural and sustainable garments. It is considered one of the most eco-friendly and Fair Trade certified brands in the market. This is the best yoga brand if you are looking for a yoga wear brand that takes care of and protects the environment and they are also known for promoting equality and fair labor practices.
- PrAna clothing creates and offers their customers higher quality yoga wear and yoga clothing designs and styles have the perfect fit for yoga and outdoor enthusiasts.
- This clothing brand is known for using recyclable materials such as polyester, wool or organic cotton and natural fibers.
- There are many online and physical stores available for customers or even those who want to try this clothing brand.
- Even the packing materials and paper in their offices, PrAna uses recycled materials.
- The clothing fits and hugs the body perfectly well.
- When washing the material it and wearing it a few times doesn’t ruin the quality and it holds up incredibly well.
- This clothing brand offers not so many styles and choices for customers like the other known and more popular yoga wear brands.
Gymshark is a clothing brand based in the United Kingdom and was founded in 2012 by a 19-year-old Ben Francis and a group of his friends. The soft fabrics and the seamless styles of the clothing make it the best choice for yoga as it allows freedom of movement. It also works for gym classes and circuit training. The company started as a screen printing operation at their garage and later developed into one of the fastest growing and most recognized yoga wear brand in the market. The brand’s growth came from the passion to produce innovative, functional and effective yoga wear and the undeniable presence in social media. This company has more than 7 million social media followers and clients in over 131 countries.
- The tight waistband guarantees for the leggings to not fall off when working out.
- It flatters the form and offers a stylish design when working out or doing yoga classes as it accents the curves and highlights the natural shape of the body.
- The innovative designs incorporated for each yoga wear ensures the customers that it will never slide, slip, or stretch when working out.
- No pockets, the tight waistband is perfect those who have a tiny waistline and have low body fat.
- It can be a bit uncomfortable for those who have fat on their hips as it will be highlighted and accentuated.
- It is not advisable for other forms of workouts or exercise such as biking or running.
- Not mentioned in the website whether the clothing is designed for yoga, lifting or running.
- It tends to be a bit pricey and expensive compared to the higher quality yoga wear brands on the market and most customers buy this brand because of desirability and its fashion aspect.
- The range of size and styles are a bit limited compared to their competition.
Fabletics is founded by JustFab Inc. Co-Ceos Don Ressler and Adam Goldenberg with Kate Hudson as their co-founder in October 2013. The company was born after seeing the lack of affordable activewear in the market, as there are a lot of luxury brands but there is none that offers chic and stylish activewear with an accessible price. The company offers premium active gears that are designed with the focus on providing a perfect fit, functional activewear and outstanding style with great prices. This company fosters a community of followers who also follow their mantra “Live your Passion” and applies it accordingly to their daily lifestyle.
- Affordable, Comfortable, functional activewear that caters to the day to day life of women with different lifestyles whether they are a working mom, yoga instructor or gym goer.
- They offer free returns and exchanges as well, in case the clothing doesn’t fit well.
- The brand is known for using not so high quality of materials used for the workout gear, not advised for sweaty workouts as the clothing tends to show sweat marks.
- The clothing is also known for stretching and slide as you sweat while working out which makes it difficult and a bit tricky to wear when handling equipment at the gym.
- With its current price range, it is not worth it with the risks it comes with.
- Some have mentioned customer service issues when dealing with Fabletics.
Lole is founded in 2002 by Bernard Mariette. This company is an athletic activewear designer and retailer based in Montreal Canada. The company has now 40 stores in eleven countries. The company just recently announced their expansion into men’s activewear apparel and also has been working on opening a head office based in Los Angeles for the company’s business in the United States. The brand offers activewear for women who are aged between 18-32 years old.
- Clean and simple design that offers comfortable, compressing and flattering perfect fit when working out whether at the gym or in yoga classes.
- The clothing wear designs are modern and are known to use organic materials.
- The company offers free shipping and returns in case the size you ordered does not fit you perfectly.
- The company is known for their charity and social awareness wherein they fund food banks across North America.
- The clothing holds up well after a few series of washes and the material used is thicker compared to the other yoga wear in the market that tends to be transparent.
- It shapes well and hides imperfections and they offer high-waist pants.
- Offers limited choices and styles for their activewear clothing.
- Mature and older women can also wear their clothing but the brand philosophy caters towards the younger yoga crowd.
Factors to Consider When Choosing Yoga Clothes
When buying yoga clothes, there are different factors that need to be considered: Comfort is number 1 priority, if you are not comfortable with your clothing, you will not be able to enjoy the experience as much. The material of the yoga clothes must also be considered when practicing yoga, one should go for clothes that have the right amount of stretch and it should fit you perfectly so you can perform different types of movements better and efficiently. The thickness of the material must be also considered as there are yoga wear brands on the market that tends to be thin and can be practically see through.
One must also consider the durability of the yoga clothing as there are yoga wear brands on the market that uses low-quality materials that can be easily ruined while performing difficult poses. There are different yoga wear brands that offer chic and stylish yoga clothes that are also durable and affordable at the same time.
Make sure to check out these brands and find out which will be the perfect one for your preference. Shopping for yoga clothes can be fun if you keep in mind what kind of yoga you will be performing and always remember comfort is more important than fashion sometimes.