Yoga has rapidly grown in popularity within the past few years and is one of the most popular forms of exercise among all people. Not only does yoga provide numerous health benefits but it also promotes both mental and spiritual health as well.
Many people are interested in learning yoga but may have certain constraints or fears that keep them from attending in-person practice. Luckily, yoga streaming services are available online and through mobile apps to enable people from all across the world to participate in yoga at any time, anywhere.
In this article, we’ll review what yoga streaming services are and cover the 3 best yoga streaming services.
What Are Yoga Streaming Services?
Yoga streaming services are online platforms that provide people with access to yoga classes on demand. Most services generally charge users a monthly rate that covers a diverse selection of yoga practices to choose from and may also provide access to health blogs, articles, and other relevant information or services. Rather than worrying about sticking to a set routine with limited personalization, people can instead perform yoga from the comfort of their home within a setting that best suits their yoga practice needs.
Why Use Yoga Streaming Services?
- Provides a more flexible approach to yoga
- Allows those with major time constraints to be able to participate
- Provides access to yoga classes anytime and anywhere
- Enables people to practice yoga in a private and personalized setting
- Monthly rates tend to be more affordable than most gym memberships
- Ability to choose type, duration, and difficulty
- Can access most services through a computer or phone
3 Best Yoga Streaming Services
We’ll now review the 3 best yoga streaming services available and highlight each of their key features. We’ll also discuss what each site is specifically geared for along with the additional services they provide.
Yoga International is an incredibly diverse yoga site that offers both live-stream and pre-recorded yoga classes for yogis of all levels. It has created the ultimate community where both yogis and practitioners can further their practice and gain a deeper knowledge of yoga, meditation, holistic health, and mindful living.
Yoga International currently serves over 300,000 members per day and offers a free 30 day trial for new members. Membership options are available for $19.99/month or $119.88/year and include:
- 500+ experts in yoga therapy, meditation, persona transformation, and more.
- Video classes, digital workshops, in-depth articles covering a wide variety of yoga topics
- 1000+ classes of various lengths, styles, and levels of difficulty
- Monthly themed challenges and multi-day training sessions available
- Stream live or take classes offline
- Accessible through phone, tablet, and TVs using the Yoga International app
Best for Fitness and Weight Loss – Daily Burn
Daily Burn provides each of its members a personalized, weekly routine that’s based on their current fitness levels and health goals. It provides access to routines in over 30 different categories that support those who are new to yoga as well as those who are more advanced in their practice. Daily Burn also offers access to classes for additional styles of training including running, full-body group workouts, kickboxing, and more!
Membership options for yogis include both a yoga-only subscription for around $10/month as well as a standard membership for around $20 per month and new members can enjoy a free 30-day trial.
Members of Daily Burn are able to enjoy:
- Hundreds of pilates, yoga, fitness, and meditation classes
- Classes that range in duration of 15-45 minutes
- Group workouts or 1-on-1 training
- 30+ categories including Yoga Basics, Flexibility & Stretching, and Balance
- New live workout each day
- Access through a tablet, smartphone, or TV using the app
- A community of fellow yogis and fitness enthusiasts
Best for Meditation and Mindfulness – Gaia
Gaia is one of the most popular platforms for those who are interested in furthering their meditation practice or who are seeking personal transformation. The site is dedicated to connecting people to a higher level of consciousness and resources that provide truth for some of life’s most challenging topics.
Both standard and live access membership options are available. Standard membership is offered for $11.99/month or $99/year and live access membership is offered for $299/year.
New members of Gaia are able to enjoy a free 7-day trial and those who select yearly live access membership will have access to unique features including online immersive workshops,
live chat with real-time Q&A, and unlimited replays of archive events.
All members of Gaia are able to enjoy:
- 8,000+ films, shows, and classes related to yoga and personal transformation
- Over 250 yoga classes that vary in style, teacher, level, duration, and focus
- Access through a computer, Apple TV, Roku, IOS, Chromecast
- Unlimited ad-free streaming
- Meditation classes available for sleep, focus, and stress
- Meditation practices range in duration from 5 – 60 minutes
- Documentaries and TV series on healthy eating, conscious living, and spirituality
Yoga streaming services provide yogis of all backgrounds and levels an opportunity to further their practice anywhere, anytime within the comfort of their own home. Those who are looking for the best options for yoga instruction and class variability should consider joining Yoga International whereas those who are more interested in achieving better overall fitness should explore membership options offered by Daily Burn. Finally, people who are seeking a higher level of consciousness and want to sharpen their meditation skills would best benefit from joining Gaia.