Best Yoga Towels
A yoga towel is sometimes preferred by yogis than yoga mats. A towel can easily provide cushion the same way a yoga mat does while also effectively absorbing moisture and sweat and can be easily folded up to allow for easy transport without any additional hassle. Yoga towels are slightly different than beach and bath towels. The material used is usually designed to dry quickly and resist bacteria. A yoga towel can also be used for other workouts using a treadmill or Zumba classes.
Top Rated Yoga Towels on the Market
This towel is ideal for anyone, from fitness gurus to beginners. It is perfect for individuals who have sensitive skin and skin allergies. It uses the patented Skidless technology which features silicone dots that gives additional grip and keeps it in place when placed on top of a yoga mat and it prevents slipping when transitioning from one pose to another. This towel is made of microfiber material.
- It is durable, lightweight, absorbent, hygienic, and slip-resistant.
- It is also eco-friendly as it uses recycled materials and less energy compared to other towels in the market.
- Each towel is manufactured by using recycled polyester, plastic bottles, and the dyes used are AZO, lead, and are free from heavy metals.
- It is easy to wash thru washing machine and advised to mist with a small amount of water when starting yoga sessions.
- A bit pricey for a yoga towel and it can also be air dried because it can be used in a dryer.
This towel is perfect for individuals who are looking for durable towels. It measures 24”x72” and it is super absorbent and dries quickly. It is made from 80% polyester and it is lightweight and flexible.
- Durable, slip-resistant design with strong microfiber materials.
- It is perfect for hot yoga sessions.
- It is made from absorbent microfiber which dries faster than other towels and it is safe to use.
- It can be machine washed, which makes it easy to clean and helps reduce the possibility of bacteria build-up from frequent use.
- Slips constantly, it does not have silicon nubs to keep you from slipping when using it.
- It needs to be very wet to stay put in its place.
This Yoga towel is one of the better options compared to the expensive towels in the market. It is made from premium microfiber that helps absorb moisture and sweat. It has quick-drying properties and it is soft and at the same time offers additional grip when used with a Yoga Mat.
- Quickly dries, absorbs sweat and moisture, thicker than other brands which offer better cushioning when performing yoga poses but lightweight.
- It is designed with corner pockets that help it stay in place when using it.
- Very affordable and it comes with a spray bottle and a hand towel.
- Slippery and it needs to be thoroughly wet to prevent slipping and sliding when performing different yoga poses.
- Not advisable for hot yoga sessions.
4. Yoga Mate
This Yoga towel comes in different colors including tie-dye colors. It is perfect for Bikram yoga. It measures 68”x24” and can be placed on top of regular yoga mats in the market. It absorbs sweat and moisture for hot yoga sessions.
- Super soft and absorbent, it is made from premium quality materials.
- It is easy to wash and dry.
- Comes with a 100% Yogi Happiness Guarantee and can be returned for a full refund if not satisfied.
- Bleeds when washed, not advisable to wash with other clothing.
- It doesn’t prevent slipping and sliding.
- It does not have rubber grips or silicone nubs that prevent slipping and sliding when performing yoga poses.
This yoga towel is perfect for individuals who sweat a lot. It is made with hypoallergenic materials. It is highly absorbent; it can absorb twice as much sweat and moisture compared to a normal towel. Designed for Ashtanga, Vinyasa, and Hot Yoga.
- It is the same size as a standard mat that is available in the market.
- It is quick-drying, it can be washed using the washing machine.
- It is hypoallergenic, perfect for individuals who have sensitive skin.
- It is made from thin material and does not prevent slipping and sliding.
- It is not designed for hot yoga.
- It is easily wrinkled and moves when performing different poses.
- Prevents bacteria contamination with the use of eco-friendly materials.
- Offers cushion, durable and surprisingly lightweight.
- It absorbs sweat and moisture quite well.
- Doesn’t stick to the mat unless thoroughly wet
- Bleeds when washed.
- Quite unstable and crumples when performing different poses.
- Eco-friendly towel.
- It is durable, lightweight, dries quickly.
- It offers additional grip when placed over a yoga mat.
- It is machine washable.
- It can be used for Pilates workouts.
- It is affordable compared to higher-priced yoga towels.
- Does not have rubber toes or silicone nubs, it needs to be sprayed with water when beginning a yoga session.
- It bleeds when washed.
- Lifetime Satisfaction Guarantee, can be returned if not satisfied with the product.
- It is hygienic, protects the individual from germs and bacteria.
- It is made from durable material and the colors do not fade.
- It can withstand frequent washing in the washing machine.
- Very slippery, does not stay in one place when performing different yoga poses.
- Do not have pocket or straps to keep it secured on the mat.
- No silicone or rubber grips.
This yoga towel is a unique towel that offers a dual grip, it has slip-resistant features on both sides. It is designed with a silicone coating which keeps it in place while performing different poses. It measures 73”x25”.
- Stays in place when used during different poses, it has pockets that keep it secured and stay in place over the mat.
- It is already preshrunk, no worries about it shrinking from its original size after frequent washings.
- It is highly absorbent and it comes with a carry bag that can fit other items like your phone or water bottle.
- It comes with a water spray bottle to keep the towel slightly wet when beginning a yoga session.
- Silicone grips are removed after many washes.
- Made from poor quality and rough material and sometimes can be slippery during hot yoga.
- It does not absorb sweat well. It smells bad even after drying when used in yoga sessions.
- It tends to be heavy compared to other yoga towels.
- It does not prevent bacteria or germs from spreading.
This yoga towel is non-slip. It is made from high-quality materials and it is guaranteed to last for many years to come. It measures 72”x24”. It is available in different range of colors and uses an eco-friendly ink dye that helps preserve the colors even after how any washing.
- It has a lifetime guarantee and can be returned if not satisfied with the product.
- It is highly absorbent and dries quickly.
- It is super soft and comfortable to use. It can be washed by using a washing machine.
- One of the best seller towels in different sites. It is designed for hot yoga sessions.
- It does not stay in place when placed on a mat while performing different poses.
- It needs to be thoroughly wet to prevent slipping.
- It is made from a rough, cheap material.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Yoga Towel
Absorbent – A yoga towel must be extremely absorbent to make sure sweat will not hinder from experiencing yoga fully. If a yoga towel is made from absorbent materials like microfiber fabric which is known to effectively absorb sweat and moisture perfectly. It will be able to absorb sweat and will help prevent slipping and sliding while doing different poses. Placing a towel over the mat is the best way to fully benefit from the added cushioning, non-slip surface especially during hot yoga sessions. When performing Bikram yoga, a yoga towel is a must, it is guaranteed that a lot of sweating will happen while performing different yoga poses in a hot yoga class.
Offers additional cushion – A thick yoga towel must also be considered when purchasing one. A yoga towel will offer excellent cushioning especially when using a thin yoga mat that makes traveling light and easy. Thinner mats may allow easy carry but will not be able to provide the right amount of cushion needed when performing yoga poses. A yoga towel will give extra cushion to make the yoga experience more enjoyable.
Durable – A yoga towel will be used a lot especially during hot yoga sessions. When buying a yoga towel, a durable towel is a must so it will be able to handle frequent washing and dries quickly to make it easy to carry around during and after each yoga session.
Grip – A yoga towel is needed for additional grip that will help prevent slipping and sliding while sweating profusely during hot yoga sessions. It also helps when transitioning from one pose to another. A yoga towel will provide non-slip surfaces, especially those with small silicone that will be able to grip the mat accordingly. Best yoga towels in the market will prevent slipping and sliding when doing poses, especially during Power Yoga. Sometimes spraying a small amount of water on the towel will give traction when beginning the yoga session.
Size – A yoga towel usually is made with a standard size and will usually fit a normal Yoga mat. Before purchasing a yoga towel, make sure to measure the yoga mat to maximize the benefits if used together. If the yoga towel is too big, it will be difficult to use especially when it is hanging over the sides of the mat.
Price – A yoga towel usually comes in a wide range of prices. When practicing yoga frequently or on a daily basis, one must consider purchasing a durable towel with better quality than most. If searching for a great towel, it usually costs approximately $30. One must remember, a yoga towel that costs from $50 and above will give a great quality that will last frequent use and a long time of using it. It is advisable to buy towels that will give excellent quality and performance and durable enough that will be able to withstand frequent use.
Yoga towels are absorbent compared to yoga mats and also provides individuals with assurance when performing difficult and complicated poses. Yoga towels can be added to a yoga mat to provide comfort and safety in every yoga session.