Mantras For Peace
Peace is a state of mind. No matter what your circumstances are or where you are, if you have peace rooted in your heart and soul, it will be hard to shake you. These words are sure comforting, but it could be really challenging to achieve this state of mind especially in today’s world where competition is really strong and where the everyday pressures and issues can feel like they’re weighing us down. So how do you achieve peace despite everything what’s going on? Is it possible? We definitely believe it is and these mantras are one way to live a life of peace.
The first thing that helps is to de-clutter your thoughts. Free up the mental space that you have so that you have space for peaceful thoughts that are very useful in getting things done.
Here are some strategies for decluttering the mind:
- Take deep breaths.
- Write your thoughts down. Spot the important ones (prioritize from the most important things such as the ones that you want to focus on at the moment.) Write a shortlist for each priority. Remove the things that are of no use.
- Keep a journal. This allows you to explore some things you haven’t thought about and allow your thoughts to be organized. It is also proven that keeping a journal can help in solving problems.
- Get extra sleep, maybe you just need a good rest to be able to think straight.
- Bond with nature and/or get active. Simply taking a walk outside does great wonders to your mental well-being. This even has benefits to your physical body. Additionally, it has been proven that jogging outside boosts mental capacity and effectively declutters the mind.
- Decrease the use of social media, gadgets, television, and noise.
- Declutter your surroundings. If your environment is messy, then it’s hard to attain a peaceful mind. Clear up your workspace from the unnecessary junk. If you’re out shopping, then declutter your purse too. This will allow you to enjoy your shopping experience.
Clearing up your mind will then give space for peace. Now, let’s review some of the mantras for peace in your heart, mind, and soul. Do you know that peace radiates? Having peaceful thoughts will be reflected in your words and actions. This will affect the people around you. Words are powerful, it has an impact no matter how little it seems. Which is why it is better to make the most out of peaceful words.
Chanting these mantras for peace is a very effective way to let peace seep into your soul.
Om Shanti: Shanti: Shanti
This means: Peace within, peace without, peace divine. Traditionally, this mantra is said after saying some prayers or after every ritual and invocation. It is sort of a reminder to oneself. Chant it repeatedly out loud 7 times and then chant it silently for another 7. The vibrations made by chanting this mantra will help quiet your mind and create peace in your heart.
Om Namah Shivaya
From Sanskrit, this translates to “I bow to Shiva” in English. This is an old mantra which reminds the self that there is divine energy hidden in each individual which provides ruling power. Chanting this mantra 108 times every morning and night will result in peace of mind, increased focus, and more strength. When you feel stress at work, simply chant this silently and feel the peace growing inside you.
Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
This translates to: May all beings be happy and free. May my thoughts, words, and actions supply some happiness and freedom for all. This is my personal favorite because it includes the universe and that opens up our essence as humans. If you want tension to be relieved in a place such as your office, at school, or at home, this is the mantra for peace to chant. This is one of the popular mantras for peace because of it’s beautiful meaning: it wishes good on other people and that makes it amazing. Sit and meditate in silence after chanting this mantra for at least three times, this will clear your mind and help you to attain the feelings of peace you desire.
Sarveshaam Svaastir Bhavatu,
Sarveshaam Svaastir Bhavatu,
Saveshaam Poornam Bhavatu,
Sarveshaam Mangalam Bhavatu,
Om Shanti, Shanti Shanteeh
This mantra can seem hard to pronounce and memorize but I solved the trick by writing it in elegant fonts and posting it on my wall. I chant this every morning when I wake up and I immediately feel peace and a sense of control. This mantra means: may there be happiness, peace, success, and completeness in all. This is a sure way to attain inner peace no matter where you are.
I choose peace instead of this.
This is my easy mantra to chant especially when I get really stressed and things are feeling out of control. Although this mantra may not apply well if you have a very important responsibility to do, knowing a personal mantra for peace comes really handy if your mind is too jumbled with problems. I included this mantra on this list because it reminds me that I have the power to choose my thoughts and I have the capacity to change my state of mind no matter what is happening.
You may use these mantras for peace anywhere you go and any time of the day. This will not only bring peace within you but also to others as well. With everything that’s going on nowadays, peace is of uttermost importance. Use these mantras for peace to your advantage to never let anything in this busy world let you down. You can even share these mantras to your loved ones!