What Kind of Foam is Used in Yoga Blocks?
When practicing yoga, there are different accessories that you can use, especially if you are a beginner. One of the accessories is yoga blocks. If you are new to the yoga scene, you can’t help but ask the question, “What kind of foam is used in yoga blocks?” In this article, we will answer this question and provide more information about yoga blocks.
What is a yoga block?
A yoga block is one of the most popular yoga props to use during yoga classes or sessions. It helps enhance a yogi’s ability to perform a yoga pose. It is usually made from different types of materials: foam, bamboo, cork or wood. The yoga block is used as an arm extension, back, head, and hip support. It also helps the body settle into a pose correctly.
What are the different uses of yoga blocks?
- Helps execute proper alignment when performing different yoga poses
- Supports range of motion, by bringing the floor closer to you, especially when performing difficult and challenging poses
- Helps yoga beginners to execute different yoga poses and it lessens the possibility of having injuries and if the individual has physical limitations
- Assists in proper engagement and support the different muscle group from one pose to another
- Acts as additional support when doing different positions
Foam Yoga Block
These blocks are soft, support muscles and joints, portable and lightweight, easy to carry, perfect for yogis who travel all the time, economical, assists in proper alignment during lightweight bearing poses.
When do you use foam yoga blocks?
Foam yoga blocks can be used for different types of yoga:
Power Yoga, Yin, Restorative, Hatha, and Beginner yoga classes
The following yoga classes above require the use of yoga blocks that are lightweight, soft and easy to carry while doing poses in the yoga mat. When attending in Yin or Restorative yoga classes there is a possibility that you will be needing more than 2 yoga blocks and foam blocks are soft and will provide cushion and support on the joints, especially for individuals who have sensitive joints. For yoga beginners, it is recommended for them to use this type of yoga blocks. Foam yoga blocks are the most versatile and you will be able to use them with ease until you become comfortable in doing different yoga poses.
The Kinds of Foam Used in Yoga Blocks
There are different brands that use different materials. Some brands use Styrofoam for their yoga blocks, while others use Eco-friendly, recycled EVA foam. If you are searching for foam yoga blocks, check out the list below.
This yoga block can be used on its own or stacked together. It helps with a range of motion and for additional height and support.
- Made from durable, high-density EVA foam that helps provide reliable support.
- Helps provide a slip-resistant surface and it is designed with beveled edges that provide grippy texture to help prevent slipping. It is made from moisture-proof material that makes it more durable.
- Lightweight, perfect for traveling because of its portability.
- Provides support and cushion when practicing yoga and it also helps with stability and flexibility. It can be used for different physical fitness activity like yoga, Pilates, exercises or during physical therapy sessions.
- It comes with a 60-day money back guarantee and an 18-month replacement warranty so you can shop with confidence.
This foam yoga block is made from 50-75% recycled EVA foam.
- Measures 9 inches wide x 6 inches long and 4 inches thick and it weighs 0.9 lbs.
- Designed with beveled edges that help provide comfort and prevent slipping.
- -Made with high-density material with excellent support and durability that makes it last longer than its other counterparts.
- It is soft and provides comfort and grippy surface that prevents slipping when practicing yoga especially if you tend to sweat a lot.
This foam yoga block is perfect for yoga beginners or yoga enthusiasts. It is made from high-density latex free EVA foam. It provides excellent balance and stability and support when performing yoga, Pilates, and other physical fitness activity.
- Measures 9 inches wide x 6 inches long x 4 inches thick and weighs below 5 ounces, making it easy to carry when traveling regularly.
- It is non-absorbent; it will not pick up oils, sweat, and bacteria in the yoga studio. It is slip-resistant and it is practical to use.
- Designed with beveled edges that make it comfortable to grip and will prevent slipping.
- It is safe to use and will help improve your yoga practice, at the same time prevent any injuries or accidents by helping with proper alignment and muscle strain.
This foam yoga block provides balance and stability that is highly important when practicing yoga. It helps with proper alignment, execute difficult poses, and increases strength.
- Measures 9 inches wide, 6 inches long x 4 inches wide and it weighs 4.06 ounces, making it lightweight and portable and easy to carry when attending yoga sessions regularly.
- Made from durable foam and designed with a slip-resistant surface with beveled edges that makes it easy to grip and prevents slipping once you start sweating a lot during yoga classes. Premium foam blocks are highly dense when compared to standard EVA blocks that can be found in other yoga blocks.
Hopefully, after checking out the list of foam yoga blocks we have provided above, you will be able to make an informed decision whether if foam yoga blocks are for you. To answer the question, what kind of foam is used in yoga blocks, it usually differs, and there are a lot of yoga blocks available in the market. It is best to choose the ones that are made from recycled EVA foam so you can do your part and help the world become a better place by being a responsible yogi.